Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Error Importing Oracle OLAP Cube

I got a problem today when importing an Oracle OLAP cube using the Administration Tool in OBIEE 11g Administration Tool .The error message:

[nQSError: 77005] An invalid parameter was passed to the nQWebIBotAPI.dll. Verify that the Agent configuration is correct.

When you install the client tools it creates a simple version of the server using the same files as the full install. One thing that misses out is a JavaHost ,so it is necessary to point the Admin Tool at a JavaHost running on another machine. To do this I edited:

C:\Program Files\Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus Client\oraclebi\orainst\config\OracleBIServerComponent\coreapplication\NQSConfig.INI

In the [JAVAHOST] section I put:

JAVAHOST_HOSTNAME_OR_IP_ADDRESSES = “I.P of BI Server”:9810;

After restarting the Admin Tool I was able to import the cubes as expected.

1 comment: